You, the Fan

My group chose Douglas Adams for our writers seminar, and I wouldn’t change it for the world. Just being able to take a deeper look into who he was as a person and his humour was an incredible experience that I wouldn’t change for anything. However, I admit that I was trying to convince my group to do my king, Lin Manuel Miranda. He’s a lyrical genius and someone who I greatly admire, plus it would 100% give me an excuse to utilize my wide knowledge of Hamilton and it’s progression from an idea to being one of the absolute largest shows on Broadway. Going back to Douglas Adams, I personally love how he writes science-fiction and humor in a way that seems absolutely plausible. Besides, the way that majority of his jokes don’t make sense until you either continue reading further into the novel or you re-read what just happened is something that I aspire to be able to do. The main thing that I learned from Douglas Adams was to write what you want to write, and to do what you want to do. It doesn’t matter what others think, just do what makes you happy and that’s all that matters. In all honesty, I mainly took a lot of inspiration from Douglas Adams. Maybe it’s because I did him for my seminar, or maybe it’s because I feel like I can connect to him more through humor, but either way, I mainly learned from him. I will link my Oscar Wilde emulation, as that was one that I was probably the happiest with throughout the entirety of the seminars. (Click here to see it). My plan is to finish the rest of Douglas Adam’s works, including the Dirk Gently series, as my cousin has been hounding on me for almost a year now to watch the TV adaptation and to read the books.

This class is full of so many incredible writers, so it’s kind of hard to pick 3-4 of them. I’ll be choosing based on who I’ve read the most or who I’ve commented the most on.

alyna – liberosis

I have read every single one of Alyna’s pieces and they honestly all blow me away. I personally love how each of her pieces has this voice to it that holds so much emotion.

Katie – A Million Questions?

Katie has this voice in her writing that seems relatable. It doesn’t matterĀ  what she’s writing about, I always feel as if I can find some way to connect to it. Personally, I think that consistently being able to write things that anyone can relate to, even in the slightest sense, is incredible and I aspire to be able to do that.

Faith’s Murmuring Marigolds

I honestly don’t have the words to express how much I love Faith’s pieces. Her style of writing is capable of drawing the reader in, and I once found myself reading through the entirety of her blog rather than doing homework because I was so fascinated by what she wrote. I genuinely aspire to be able to write in the way she does.